Monday 17 September 2012

Fifty naira fufu, but no palm oil in my soup.


Please can one make soup without palm oil?
 I'm not just talking one soup oh, before you say, ehenn, okro soup nko. I'm talking all kinds of soup; egusi, ogbono, afang, edikangkong etc. Still don't get it? Let me explain.
My sister made ogbono soup couple of days ago, without palm oil.  So the soup ended up looking funny, tho it was kinda tasty (could have been better sha). But I'm the kinda person that eats with my eyes first before the actual eating. In essence, if the food doesn't look appetizing, chances are, i just may not eat it. But if i do, it's probably because the hunger was sent from my village...or from outer space. Get my drift? Back to the ogbono soup, I had thought that maybe, my sister forgot to put oil in it, but I was wrong. It was actually intentional.
I made egusi soup yesterday and she was like " ewooo, I forgot to tell you not to put oil in it". I was like huuhhh (I'm sure i had a confused look on my face). How does one make egusi soup without palm oil? How is it gonna look?? She goes on like "henceforth, no more cooking of soup with oil (palm oil or any form of oil at all)" Haba!,that's going too far nauu....don't u think? I know my sis is this health conscious person, I mean, we avoid all those things that doctors and nutritionists warn against such as frying (yh, we roast in the oven instead ) and if u wanna fry egg, you use one tbsp of oil etc, but cooking soup without palm oil is.....I don't know what to say.
So I ask again, how do u cook soup without palm oil? From the look of things, I'll soon be forced to start eating my fifty naira fufu without palm oil in the soup, except I decide to go on hunger strike.
On that note, errmmm, I wanna sleep. Waking up in 3hrs time *sigh*.
Do have a fabulous and fruitful week ahead. Please keep a positive attitude towards life....and put a smile on somebody's face. 
Hugs and kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment